Pyrotechnics are very effective effect sually with good visual and audio effects, but they are also dangerous. Any operation with pyrotechnics should be only carried by a person who is qualified and licensed for operating and handling pyrotechnics. Safety is, and must be, given priority over every other consideration.
Pyro equipment and cartridges are extremely dangerous if used or stored in an amateur manner. All pyro equipment is capable of causing serious burn injuries, blindness or death if used without extreme care, so always use common sense when working with the equipment and if in doubt get someone with the appropriate skills to handle the task. Use care and common sense when workign with pyrotechnics. In many countries and places you need a special permit to be allowed to work with pyrotechnics.
Every pyrotechnic effect has some potential risk. The key word is "potential". Properly prepared pyro, run with the correct safety protocols can be reasonably operated in many venues.
- Pyrotechnics Guild International - dedicated to to the advancement of safety, skill and artistry in pyrotechnicsto the advancement of safety, skill and artistry in pyrotechnics Rate this link
- rec.pyrotechnics FAQ Rate this link
- WPI Technical Theatre Handbook: Pyrotechnics Rate this link
- Patriotic Fireworks Frequently Asked Questions - a fireworks website that aside from selling fireworks contains quality legal and safety information Rate this link
- Pyrotechnics - the art, craft and science of fireworks Rate this link
- Make a Pyro System - This system is designed to accomodate the Le Maitre range of pyro effects which are widely used in the theatre, television and film industries. There is a proper firing system manufactured by Le Maitre which consists of a control unit and specialised pods to accomodate the cartridges, but many people simply cannot justify the large sum of money required for the official system. A popular approach to firing Le Maitre cartridges on a low budget is to use terminal block to connect to the devices pins and a battery to fire it. This design is a more elegant solution to using these cartridges in a more controlled manner. This design is not officially endorsed by Le Maitre and you build and use it entirely at your own risk. Rate this link
- Dimock's Pyro Page Rate this link
- Electronic firing systems - system designed to fire electric igniters Rate this link
Back to ePanorama main page ??