Almost a year ago I wrote that USB cameras connected to Android 10 device do not work. This issue stopped me from using my USB endoscope. I tried different applications and nothing seemed to help. The Android version was updated to 11, but the problem seemed to stay.
Not the problem has been solved. I was tipped at USB cameras connected to Android 10 device do not work article comments that I should try to use “USB Camera” application by “ShenYao China”. That USB Camera – Connect EasyCap or USB WebCam software is available from Google Play for free. After installation my USB endoscope worked nicely on my Samsung A70 phone. At quick look the software looks promising for many applications.
“USB Camera” can let your android device connect to USB WebCam or video capture card via USB-OTG. You can record video or capture snapshot, OR turn your phone into a wireless IP Camera via build-in RTSP and HTTP Server for security monitoring WITH Bi-directional audio support, you can use your browser to view, of course, include “IP Camera” App.
Supports following devices:
1) UVC WebCam with microphone (Supports H.264, MJPG, YUY2 and so on)
2) UVC video grabber with audio input (Up to 1080p via HDMI, Supports H.264, MJPG, YUY2 and so on)
3) EasyCap including audio with UTV007 / HTV600 / HTV800 chipsets (VID_1B71&PID_3002)
4) EasyCap including audio with STK1160 + SAA7113/GM7113 + AC97 chipsets (Audio 48kHz stereo version VID_05E1&PID_0408)
5) EasyCap including audio with STK1160 + SAA7113/GM7113 (Audio 8kHz mono version VID_05E1&PID_0408)
6) EasyCap including audio with EM2860 + SAA7113/GM7113 + AC97 chipsets (VID_EB1A&PID_2861)
7) EasyCap including audio with SMI2021 + SAA7113/GM7113 + ES7240/CS5340 chipsets (VID_1C88&PID_0007, PID_003C, PID_003D, PID_003E, PID_003F, PID_1001)