Microwave oven circuit diagram

A microwave oven is an electric oven that heats and cooks food by exposing it to electromagnetic radiation in the microwave frequency range (typically around 2.4 GHz).

20210804_123618

What is the circuit diagram of the device

20210804_123613

9 Comments

  1. Tomi Engdahl says:

    I promise this story about microwaves is interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tdiKTSdE9Y

    I found an article that said “The microwave was invented to heat hamsters humanely in 1950s experiments.” And I thought, no it wasn’t. …was it?

    Reply
  2. Tomi Engdahl says:

    The Antique Microwave Oven that’s Better than Yours
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiS27feX8o0

    Seriously. How is this so old and yet so advanced?
    We need kitchen appliance reform. Vote YES on prop SRCT.

    Reply
  3. Tomi Engdahl says:

    Metal is danger in your microwave because it can reflect the radiowaves from the magnetron in ways that can cause violent overlap, and things like plasmatic hot spots.

    Usually the more organized the metal surfaces, and the lower amount of surface area the less likely it is to happen.

    You can microwave spoons that have minimal ridging

    Reply
  4. Tomi Engdahl says:

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/VintageElectronicTestEquipment/permalink/4538904642893359/

    Microwave transformers tend to run at very high flux densities – 2T or more, and using the original primary winding is asking for the core to overheat. It would need to be rewound for a far lower flux density to allow efficient operation as a regular transformer

    Reply
  5. Tomi Engdahl says:

    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/safely-take-apart-microwave/

    Microwaves are high voltage appliances, and should never be taken apart while plugged in.

    The high voltage capacitor can give you a lethal shock even after the microwave has been unplugged for months.

    The magnetron inside a microwave can contain beryllium oxide in their ceramic insulators which can be fatal if it gets into the lungs. Simply removing it is safe, but never try to take one apart. It’s not worth it!

    Every time you knowingly tinker with high power, it is at your own risk and potentially deadly. In short, be safe! Live to tinker another day!

    Reply
  6. Tomi Engdahl says:

    The most deadly project on the Internet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBeSKL9zVro

    There’s a reason I never make videos featuring MOTs (Microwave Oven Transformers). The high voltage, and more importantly – high current, means they are as dangerous as playing with overhead lines.

    This does NOT apply to the spot welder projects where the dangerous high voltage secondary is removed completely and replaced with a few turns of heavy wire for low voltage and high current.

    Seeing non-technical people playing with open transformers with car jump leads connecting them to wet salty wood outdoors or in a garage is scary, especially when they handle the low-voltage rated cables while the transformer is powered. Even worse when kids are involved.
    It’s made a lot worse by the number of people that have been discovered in burning garages because the transformer continued to pump out current after they were dead.

    YouTube seems to be applying filtering to new videos involving associated keywords, but still has a lot of legacy videos, some of which are clearly being removed.

    TikTok is doing what TikTok does and still pushing out shallow and very dangerous videos that seem to lack all safety information.

    Reply
  7. Tomi Engdahl says:

    Blowing a high voltage fuse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0-9ivSyz9Y

    I found this high voltage fuse on the transformer in a microwave. It seemed a good idea to blow it for educational reasons.

    Note that most modern home-microwave magnetrons do not use beryllium oxide insulators, despite the negatarian folklore. But always play safe and assume the worst.

    Reply

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

*